Asquins is a quiet typical and welcoming village of 350 inhabitants, 15 kms from Avallon.
It is part of the Parc Regional of Morvan and is located on the vineyard of Vézelay (burgundy wine AOC).
You’ll be able to swim, fish or canoe in the river Cure that crosses the village. The swimming spot is particularly adapted for young children (safe river banks, wood swings and games, and picnic tables).
A lot of marked out footpaths and trails to please hikers and mountain-bikers.
The church of St Jacques le Majeur is marked out by the Unesco as the point of gathering and departure of the St Jacques de Compostelle pilgrimage.
- City Hall, Official site.
- Les Faverelles, winehouse (organic wine made from chardonnay (white) and pinot noir (red)
- Les Hirondelles, our nice bistro (country pub). You’ll be able to taste Tina’s cuisine for lunch and maybe attend a concert in summer. Tobacconist, bread, newspapers and petrol.
(>> Link Google+)
- Paint Ball association >> infos.
- Dojo zen
- Internet club and library >> Website.